This Conference considered emerging mobility technologies and examined how Cities can plan for their large-scale adoption. The event showcased the work of businesses developing data and software products, which will be the foundation for next generation intelligent urban traffic management and mobility services.
Speakers at the event included – Tesla, Bosch, iGeloise, Citilogik, Xevia, KPMG, ODI Leeds, MK Smart, Transport Systems Catapult, Cenex.
• Tesla’s work on next generation car connectivity.
• 4 key future market trends: – ULEV- Connected-Autonomous –Shared.
• Harnessing data to manage urban transport infrastructure in Cities – Milton Keynes case study
• ‘Mobility as a Service’ – technology solutions and applications.
• Harnessing crowd sourcing techniques to help write Transport for the North’s data strategy.
• How can SMEs exploit opportunities in connected, autonomous and intelligent mobility solutions? Case study
• Opportunities and constraints of using mobile phone network data in transport planning.
• Travel Time Analytics; mapping software for travel time analysis including developing multi-modal route planning applications for commercial organisations.
• Demonstrating Smart City technology applications using live air quality data to trigger vehicle electric hybrid engines to automatically switch to zero-emission running in heavily polluted areas.
• Transport Systems Catapult– support available from the Catapult including the TSC Intelligent Mobility Accelerator.
Image courtesy of www.paulandrewsphoto.com